License Plate Renewal
Renew Your Vehicle Registration with Wisconsin License Plates
Keeping your vehicle registration up to date is essential to maintain compliance with Wisconsin DMV regulations. Learn about the license plate renewal process, requirements, and important information to ensure uninterrupted registration for your vehicle.
Renewing your vehicle registration in Wisconsin involves the following steps:
- Receive Renewal Notice: The Wisconsin DMV will send you a renewal notice before your registration expiration date.
- Review and Update Information: Carefully review the information on the renewal notice and make any necessary updates or corrections.
- Submit Renewal Application: Complete the renewal application, either online, by mail, or in person, and submit it to the Wisconsin DMV.
- Pay Renewal Fees: Pay the required renewal fees to finalize the registration renewal process.
To renew your vehicle registration in Wisconsin, you will typically need to meet the following requirements:
- Valid Insurance: Maintain valid auto insurance coverage for your vehicle.
- Updated Vehicle Information: Ensure that your vehicle information, such as the vehicle identification number (VIN), is accurate and up to date.
- Clear Outstanding Obligations: Settle any outstanding fines, fees, or violations associated with your vehicle registration.
Wisconsin offers various renewal options to accommodate different preferences:
- Online Renewal: Renew your vehicle registration conveniently through the Wisconsin DMV's online portal.
- Mail-In Renewal: Complete the renewal application and submit it by mail, along with the required fees.
- In-Person Renewal: Visit a Wisconsin DMV service center in person to renew your vehicle registration.
Renewing your vehicle registration with Wisconsin license plates ensures that you remain compliant with state regulations. Stay on top of your renewal deadlines and follow the appropriate renewal process to maintain a valid registration for your vehicle.